About the Client (Professional and Continuing Education)
Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) at Massachusetts College of Art and Design offers over 100 courses and workshops in fine art and design, access to professional design certificates, summer immersive programming, and more. Offerings are taught remotely and on campus and are built for adult lives.
The redesign of the PCE catalog closely integrates PCE’s range of courses, workshops, and programs and promotes them to the public more effectively.
- Increase the visual appeal of the catalog of courses and workshops for adults.
- Align the visual design more closely with the look and feel of MassArt.edu (e.g., remove the Sabon typeface).
- Add more imagery and video of faculty, students, and faculty and student work.
- Devote more page real estate to content (eliminate the right column).
- Use the catalog homepage as a starting point for all of PCE’s offerings (Creative Continuum, Appraisal Studies, Certificate Programs, Summer Film School, etc.).
- Increase the prominence of PCE’s social media presence.
- Clarify and simplify calls to action.
Mailing List Migration
Professional and Continuing Education transitioned from its previous mailing list platform, Constant Contact, to Mailchimp. The Mailchimp account was configured, over 40,000 contacts were exported from Constant Contact and imported into Mailchimp, and students purchasing classes were automatically tagged based on the course name, category, and catalog. Signing up for the mailing list on the PCE catalog was also refined.
Category index (desktop).
Course index (desktop).
Course detail (desktop).
Category index (mobile).
Course index (mobile).
Course detail (mobile).